Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Cannot hide columns/rows

Try this...

Columns("X:IV").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Rick

"PO" <h wrote in message ...
Excel 2003, sp2

Hi,

I'm trying to hide columns X:IV so that the user only can see columns A:W.
However Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True raises an error - "The hidden
property cannot be set for the range class" (roughly translated from
swedish). As far as I can see there aren't any objects in those columns. I
also tried selection.clear but it still doesn't work. The area is totaly
empty. If I try to hide the columns manualy from within excel I get the
error message "Object cannot be moved outside sheet".

Any ideas?

Regards
Pete