Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Xaos[_2_] Xaos[_2_] is offline

Default manipulating Query data 'on the fly'Question

Hi all.

I understand how to import external source data, and I am even getting
pretty good at using MSQuery to create QueryTables.

My question involves how to manipulate the query data in VBA prior to
outputing the query result onto a spreadsheet.

For a generic example,

Say I have a workbook with 3 worksheets.
I want to query a date/time range on an external database. I want to output
all of the dates that fall before today's date on sheet 2 range A6. I want
everything that falls on todays date to be output to sheet 2 range B13. And
all of the dates that fall after todays date on sheet 3 range G4.

The way I work around this problem now is to output the entire query to a
seperate 'data' page, then manipulate the data in vba. This really isn't
ideal. I would like to be able to somehow query the database and place the
result set into variables or arrays, so that I can manipulate the data prior
to output on the worksheets.

Any help appreciated.