Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default "Toggle Switch" help needed

I would **not** use the following in production code... I'm posting it more
to get the reader to see there are ways to "think outside the box" when it
comes to coding (and, also, as an exercise for the reader to decipher why it
works<g)...

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Range("A1").Value = String(1 - Val(Range("A1").Value), "1")
CommandButton1.Caption = Split("EDIT DONE")(Val(Range("A1").Value))
End Sub

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Maybe this?

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
With CommandButton1
If .Caption = "DONE" Then
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value = ""
.Caption = "EDIT"
Else
ActiveSheet.Range("A1").Value = "1"
.Caption = "DONE"
End If
End With
End Sub

Rick

"Les Stout" wrote in message
Hi all, this is probably so easy but it is eluding me !!

I need to make an edit button that inserts a 1 in A1 and the caption
then changes to "DONE" and when clicked again it removes the 1 from A1
and the caption then changes back to "EDIT"

Best regards,

Les Stout