Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ranswert ranswert is offline

Default sheets

What I am trying to do is copy a range of values in cells to a range in
different worksheet. The name of the worksheet is in one of the cells. I
thought i could make an array to collect the values in the cells then copy
them to another sheet. The array I called 'a'. 'a(4)' contains the name of
the sheet that I want to copy the values to. Does this not work:

Set b = Sheets(a(4)).Range(Cells(33, 3), Cells(33, 8))

I am trying to set 'b' as the range to copy to.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

A range object can not span multiple sheets. The object hierarchy is the
application contains workbooks, workbooks contain sheets, and sheets contain
ranges. In the same way that a sheet object can not span multiple workbooks a
range object can not span multiple sheets.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ranswert" wrote:

I am trying to get a name of a sheet from a cell then go to that sheet to put
data into a range of cells. I get an error on the following code:

Set b = Sheets(a(4)).Range(Cells(33, 3), Cells(33, 8))

'b' is a range and 'a' is an array(1 to 8) as string

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks