Max

One play ..

In sheet: A
-----------
Names are listed in col A, in A1 down

In sheet: B
-----------
Assume the table is in cols A to I, data from row2 down
Names are assumed to be in col C, from C2 down

Use an empty column to the right of the table, say col K
Put in K2: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(C2,A!A:A,0)),ROW(),"")
Copy K2 down to say, K100, to cover the max expected data
(Leave K1 empty)

In sheet: C
----------
Copy paste the same col headers over from sheet B

Put in A2:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(B!$K:$K,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX (B!A:A,MATCH(SMALL(B!$K:$K
,ROWS($A$1:A1)),B!$K:$K,0)))

Copy A2 across to I2, fill down to I100
(cover the same range size as done in col K in sheet B)

--
Rgds
Max
"bobf" wrote in message
I am trying to use a list of names (first, last) in a colum in worksheetA

find corresponding entries in an imported worksheet B, Once I find the

name
in worksheet B I want to extract the entire row of data into another new
worksheet.

For example
Worksheet A:
Column A
Bill Jones
Fred Smith

Worksheet B:
Place Overall Name Swim

Bike
Run Finish
1 12 Bill Jones 24 anytown ST 13:45 54:45
23:00 1:34:45
4 78 Fred Smith 56 anothertown ST 15:00 56:12
24:34 1:48:34

The data in worksheet B in the Name column is all in the same cell (not
different columns)

Now if there is a match between worksheetA name and the name exists in
worksheet B I want to copy the entire row from worksheet B into a new row

in
Worksheet C. Not all names in worksheet A will have an entry in worksheet

Any ideas?