Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Default VBA code executes fine, but compiler throws error. Huh?

I continue to have severe problems with Excel 97 SR2 crashing while
editing, compiling & running VBA.

I DO promise to upgrade soon. But meanwhile:

On relaunching Excel after its last crash, all code runs fine but the
compiler throws an error.

On selecting Debug / Compile VBAProject, error "User-defined type not
defined" appears. Nor does the compiler highlight in its usual yellow
what line is causing this supposed error.

I have three modules and they're all intact. If I deliberately make a
syntax error anywhere, execution then correctly chokes and stops on
the offending line.

Does anyone recognize this problem & how to fix it?

(And more basic Q: Why doesn't Excel's left hand know what its right
hand is doing?)

Thanks much.

***