Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] whitethomas12@gmail.com is offline

Default Dynsmic Charts

On Jan 16, 11:56*am, "Jon Peltier"
wrote:
I think you're trying to do what the combo box does in this example:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message

I am trying to create a dynamic chart that will update when I change a
Validation List (has list of names) . *So far I am able to change the
validation list and have it activate a macro (right now just a test
macro that pops up a message box with the name I selected).

My goal is to have the validation list activate a macro that will go
to another sheet to select the relative dates and total times (A =
dates, C = times) and then update the chart.

I have tried to create a macro to just make a chart but it is
failing. *the following is my code:

Charts.Add
* *ActiveChart.ChartType = xlLineMarkers
* *ActiveChart.Location Whe=xlLocationAsObject, Name:="Sheet5"
* *ActiveChart.SetSourceData
Source:=Sheets("Sheet4").Range("A3:A23,C3:C23"), _
* * * *PlotBy:=xlColumns
* *ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = _
* * * *"=(Sheet4!A8,Sheet4!A15,Sheet4!A23)"
* *ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = _
* * * *"=(Sheet4!$C$9,Sheet4!$C$16,Sheet4!$C$24)"
* *ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Name = "=Sheet4!A2"

I am not sure how to get this running; even more to have it use a
different range. *I figure that I should be able to create several
variables that are ranges and then add it to the above code, but I am
not sure how to get it to work

I appreciate all of your help- Hide quoted text -

It is similar, but the reason why I need everything in a macro is
because everything in the excel macro is created by a macro that I
wrote. Now have I create another worksheet that will enable a
supervisor to view each of their staff's average working hours per pay
period on a chart. Right now thet can view everything without the
chart, but they would like a graphical view.

The chart selections will have to change each time when the macro ran
because some people may work more or less days and hours

Thank you