Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default Formula to ask what Time/Date it is.

"Peggy" skrev i en meddelelse

Do you have any ideas what formula I could put together to set up the
following criteria:

Purpose: to determine what time/date a cell is populated with.

Action: If the date & time are < 14:00 then put today's date, if it's
after
2pm then put tomorrow's date. I tried writing one:
=IF(D4<14:00,today(),today()+1) but for some reason excel didn't like what
wrote.

I'm keen to put this formula into a macro so no one can alter the formula.
I'm happy doing that, it's just IF statements always trip me up!

Thanks for your help.
Peggy

Hi Peggg

Try this

=IF(HOUR(D4)<14;NOW();NOW()+1)

Just remeber to format the cell as Date.

Regards,

Per