Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
INTP56 INTP56 is offline

Default Getting Chart "Cursor" information in Excel 2003

I thought I posted something along these lines yesterday, but ....

What I would like is for the user to hold the mouse over a point in a series
on a chart, and somehow signal me (Event) so I can find the corresponding row
in the series. If I could get the information in the tooltip text, I could
look for that.

I generate charts on the fly, so I can't put code under the charts
themselves. Any ideas on how to do that, or if it can be done?

Thanks, Bob

P.S. I am familiar making Class Modules containing a WithEvents Application
object, but at this point, I can't see how to accomplish what I'm looking for
with that methodology. i.e. I don't see chart events.