Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Select all the cells, use Format/Conditional formatting..., change "Cell
Value Is" to "Formula Is", then enter =ISNUMBER(A1), click the Format button,
choose the Patterns tab, click the color you'd like for numbers.
The A1 used above is assuming the ACTIVE Cell's address is A1. If not, then
enter the active cell's address.

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"mrj1701" wrote:

What I would like to do is be able to show visually on the screen how to
possibly differentiate between a cell that has a number in it and a cell that
has a formula in it. Say one cell has a number 231 in it and then another
cell has a sum formula in it. I would like the cell with the number in it to
be shaded red. Is there anyway to accomplish this task.
Thanks In advance.