Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
S Himmelrich S Himmelrich is offline

Default change background color of cell as value changes

On Jan 15, 1:07*pm, JLGWhiz wrote:
You would have to use a change event code in the sheet module to do what you
are describing, if you don't use conditional formatting. *To use up to twenty
colors, you would need to set up an algorithm, probably in the form of a case
statement, that would be called if any cell in Col A changes and if the value
of the chage equals one of the cases in the algorithm, the cell color would
change accordingly.

"S Himmelrich" wrote:
Sorry to be misleading on that. *The example was for purposes of
demonstrating the final result. *I'm already in macro mode as far as
the final results of that speadsheet, so conditional formatting is not
what I'm looking for. *The referenced website you provided does not
address changing colors as values change so that isn't providing
anymore insight to my challenge. *Thank you for effort and response.

On Jan 15, 11:41 am, ryguy7272
wrote:
There is no VBA code in that sheet, nor is the Conditional Formatting applied
to the sheet. *Simple review this web site:http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html

Then, apply to your specific needs:

Regards,
Ryan--
--
RyGuy

"S Himmelrich" wrote:
Here is the result I'm looking for in regards to changing color as
cell value changes in a column ("A"):

www.atlantissupport.com/example/example.xls

Basically I'm trying to change the background color of the cell as
the
data changes in Column A. *Know that the values in Column A change
dynamically with other macro code that is already completed. *Also I
must pre-define enough colors to cover for expansion in the future
(probably no more then twenty). *I've kept the duplicates in Column A
thinking that this may help in coding this macro and will delete
those
after the background color is completed. *I assume I can use offset
for moving the color to the smaller Column B.
Hope someone can help......- Hide quoted text -

Do you have any examples of this type of code?