Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bentod bentod is offline

Default ?How to add to a list when sheet is protected?

I have created a list using the pull-down Data-List-Create List.

I want to protect the sheet, but not entirely. I want to prevent
people from adding/deleting columns, selecting locked cells, and a few
other things.

First I use the pull-down Tools-Allow Users to Edit Ranges and select
the columns $A through $J (which fully contains my list).

When I select the Protect Sheet button and select the various check
boxes, everything works fine; however, I am unable to add to the
list. That is, if I go to the last row in the list, I can put in data
into the cells, but the list isn't updated. Therefore the autofilter
doesn't recognize the new row's data.

Is there something I can do?

Todd