Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stephen[_24_] Stephen[_24_] is offline

Default Only Copy Subtotals

I think I found my answer...

ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
Selection.Font.Bold = False
Selection.Font.Bold = True
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Totals").Select
Range("A1").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("D:G").Delete
Range("A1").Select

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Receives").Select
ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=3

Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit
Range("A1").Select

MsgBox "Operation completed successfully."

This seems to work fine. BUT I realized that column "B" is blank on these
subtotal rows. Is there a way I can 'copy values to empty cells below filled
cells in selection' before I copy them to the 'Totals' sheet?? I know this
is a function that is included in ASAP Utilities, but I would like to
incorporate this function into my macro.

???

"FSt1" wrote:

hi,
how is your data layed out? Post 4 or 5 lines or enough to subtotal on.
need something to key on.

regards
FSt1

"Stephen" wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have a sheet (Receives) that generates a dataset based on date parameters
from a different sheet (Date Selection), then subtotals column "E" of the
dataset at each change in column "A". That works like a charm.

I need to be able to copy only the subtotal rows to a third sheet but I
would like those copied rows to paste sequentially to row 1,2,3, etc. - does
that make sence?

Here is what I have so far...

Sub Receives()

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Receives").Select
Range("A2").Select
Selection.RemoveSubtotal

Range("A1").Select
Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False

Selection.Subtotal GroupBy:=1, Function:=xlSum, TotalList:=Array(5), _
Replace:=True, PageBreaks:=False, SummaryBelowData:=True

ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
Selection.Font.Bold = False
Selection.Font.Bold = True
ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=3

Columns("A:A").EntireColumn.AutoFit
Range("A1").Select

MsgBox "Operation completed successfully."

End Sub

I would like to have code prior to the Msgbox that would copy subtotals to
sheet three.

TIA!