Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
doj doj is offline

Default Need help automating a pivot table...

I have two tables. The first has a pivot table reading off it and is
updated regularly. The second it a list of codes which could be (but
may not be) in the first table and are used in the pivot table rows.
Now what I want to do is using macros:

1., When the first table is updated with new data ( it is
completely replaced) I want to clear the row values with a tick
against them and then run down the values in the second table to see
if they appear in the first table - if the do have that value show in
the pivot.

2. I have found that when new row values are added, it appears
below all the previous values....is there a way to sort then into the
correct order?

If you need clarification please let me know....

Thanks

doj