Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Ivey Mark Ivey is offline

Default Wordpad

It appears possible. I just created a Wordpad object in Book1, typed in
"hello world", and then used the macro recorder to copy the text from this
object to cell "A1".

Here is what the macro recorder came up with...

Sub Macro1()

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 1").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

End Sub

"kee" wrote in message
I have an embedded wordpad which i can access as an oleobject in VBA. I am
completely unsuccessful and curious if I could read the contents of the
embedded file. Once I have the file contents read, I am going to parse the
information and direct the information to cells.

I just need a direction and if the capability is feasible without writing
temp file and then reading a temp file from the filesystem.

Thanks,