Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Passing Public Variable into Sheet Sub Functions

If strPath is declared in a standard code module, just use that variable
within your other procedures.

If it is declared within a worksheet code module, precede it by the sheet
codename, such as Sheet1.strPath.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Lance Hoffmeyer" wrote in message
Hey all,

Let me preface this by stating that I am not a programmer and know
just enough to be dangerous.

I have been writing various subfunctions within each sheet of a XL
workbook.

I have a line of code to get the folder path because although the file
names I am
using from month to month will remain the same the folder path will
change.

Each time I click on a control button on the XL sheet: Private Sub
CommandButton1_Click()
this line is run:

strPath = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Entire Path for Folder Location!")

What do I need to do so that I run this only once (say on the first sheet)
and this variable
is then passed to all the other sheets as I run them?

My thought was to put this in a module:

Public strPath As String
Sub Get_Folder
strPath = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Entire Path for Folder Location!")
End Sub

How do I then pass this to a sheet subfunction?

Sub Sheet1_Run()
End Sub

Thanks in advance,

Lance