Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
WLMPilot WLMPilot is offline

Default Two VBA Questions

I see you reference INT, LNG, DBL in the conversion. This may be a mute
point (due to my ignorance), but the textboxes are not DIM. I assume since
they are "text"boxes that they will automatically be STRING.

Here are the the type numbers that some of the textboxes will hold:
120, 5500, 1, 39, etc. no decimal places on any numbers.
I also have a phone number that is pulled into a textbox from a cell as
(###) ###-####, then inserted into another cell on another sheet when user
has entered all data on userform. Other than the phone number, the other
numbers will be used in calcuations within the worksheet once placed in the
worksheet.

Les

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

For color chart: VBA Help search for "PatternColorIndex Property"

To coerce strings to numbers: (re VBA Help "Conversion Functions")

myNum = CInt(myString)

Or

myNum = CLng(myString)

Or

myNum = CDbl(myString)

"WLMPilot" wrote:

1) Where can I find a color chart with numeric values to referece so I can
use BACKCOLOR?

2) I have textboxes that will be accepting numbers. How do I convert the
textbox (string) to a number for placement in cell formated as number?

Thanks,
Les