Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Help With VBA Copy Code

Try changing this from:

Sheets(copyfromname).Rows(CStr(LSearchRow) & ":" & _
CStr(LSearchRow)).Select

Sheets(copyfromname).Range("A" & CStr(LSearchRow) & _
":P" & CStr(LSearchRow)).Select

"CribbsStyle" wrote:

Im using this vba code to copy each row that has a certain value in it
to another sheet. What I want to know is how can I get it to not copy
and paste the entire row, just A through P, like A3:P3.?

I call it by using this..

copyplayer "HidRatings", "PR Current", "12", "RB", "C", "2"

Sub copyplayer(ByVal copyfromname, copytoname, copytorow, position,
columnsearch, StartRow)
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim LSearchRow As Integer
Dim LCopyToRow As Integer

LSearchRow = StartRow
LCopyToRow = copytorow

Sheets(copyfromname).Select
While Len(Range(columnsearch & CStr(LSearchRow)).Value) 0
If Range(columnsearch & CStr(LSearchRow)).Value = position Then
Sheets(copyfromname).Rows(CStr(LSearchRow) & ":" &
CStr(LSearchRow)).Select
Selection.Copy

Sheets(copytoname).Select
Sheets(copytoname).Range(CStr(LCopyToRow) & ":" &
CStr(LCopyToRow)).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
LCopyToRow = LCopyToRow + 1
Sheets(copyfromname).Select

End If

LSearchRow = LSearchRow + 1

Wend

Exit Sub

End Sub

Also is this the best code to use or is there some other code I can
use? Help would be greatly appreciated!