Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ruth Ruth is offline

Default Macro with FOR - IF Loop

Hi,

The idea with the macro below is to take several cells from a row in EXCEL
and use then to fill in a form previously defined in a WORD file. The
approach below in principle is working fine but I guess there should a more
efficient way to do the loop(I use a main "For" loop with several "IF"
nested, one for each potential field to be filled in the form). As I said, I
checked it out and it works but the form has around 30 fields and I would
like to know whether there is a more elegant way to program it.

Thanks!!

Dim wordApp, wdFF As Object, wordFile As Object, myFile As String, I,
fila As Integer
myFile = "NEW_FORM.doc"
Set wordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set wordFile = wordApp.Documents.Open(myFile)
fila = 3
I = 1
For Each wdFF In wordFile.Formfields
If wdFF.Name = "Text1" Then
wdFF.Result = Range("H" & fila)
End If
If wdFF.Name = "Dropdown2" Then
wdFF.DropDown.Value = Left(Range("A" & fila), 1) + 1
End If

If wdFF.Name = "Text3" Then
wdFF.Result = Range("T" & fila)
I = I + 1