Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Is there a Folder Picker method that shows files too?

You don't have to understand it, just use the function and put the arguments
in and you get exactly what you want. See the example Subs.

RBS

"tenlbham" wrote in message
Thanks, but this is much more complex than what I was looking for.

I'm having a hard time believing that there is not a simple way (filter or
other option for FileDialogFolderPicker) that allows one to see files
while
browsing for a folder...

"RB Smissaert" wrote:

Noticed that the code in the mentioned url doesn't show the files but
this
one
will I think:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp/MVPPage.asp
Look for code from Jim Rech.

RBS

"RB Smissaert" wrote in message
http://www.developer.com/net/vb/article.php/1541831

RBS

"tenlbham" wrote in message
I want to browse for a folder where certain files are located. The
code
is
just the basic:

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
.AllowMultiSelect = True
If .Show = False Then Exit Sub
MyFolder = .SelectedItems(1)
End With

... but is there a way to be able to see the files in the browser as
well
as
the folders?

Thanks!