Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Charles is offline

Default VBA: What does Redim Preserve do in term of memory

Hello

a somewhat basic VBA question, but I can't find the answer on google.

What does Redim Preserve do in practice in term of memory. Does it
recopy every single element of an array in a new one with a different
dimension, as this article seems to say:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...s2(VS.80).aspx

or is it a bit more clever, and finds a way to add/remove dimensions
without recopying the data.

The question is only relevant in the context of large amounts of data.
What I am trying to figure out is if I have large amounts of data, is
it worth bother building a system of dynamic arrays with objects, or
is the Redim statement good enough.

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Charles