Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Automate IE to log into bank accounts?

Using Office 2003 and Windows XP;

I am managing several bank accounts and some investment accounts for a
family member who is unable to do it. I was wondering if there is a way to
automate Internet Explorer from MS-Excel to navigate to a web page and at
least enter the security log in information automatically so when I check the
balances it will be a single click? I am pretty experienced with VBA and I
can do VBScript as well.

I think the hang-up will be entering the log in information and then
simulating a click of the "submit" button. I don't think this is possible,
but you never know...any help appreciated.

BTW, I know that storing the log-in information in a file can be risky, but
I have a good encryption program that will be used to encrypt my master file
when it is not in use.