Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Alter macro security level programmatically

Think about it. If you could then what is the use of having security in the
first place?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Dale Fye" wrote in message
I have an Access application that is opening a number of Excel spreadsheets
and reading data from them. Each of these spreadsheets has the same
macros,
which I want to disable when I open the workbook, rather than having to
click
the pop-up window that asks if I want to enable/disable macros.

Is there a way to do this using Excel automation? How about using API
calls? My intent is that I would like to read the current setting, change
the setting to disable macros, read in the files, then reset the setting
its original value.

--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.