Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Running a macro from the spreadsheet

I macro that runs from a button is located on one of the VBA sheet windows.
code that runs from the Tool - Macro button are located in Modules. The
simpliest way to havve the code run from both envirnoments is to move the
code from the Sheet window to a module window. Add a new module to VBA and
copy the code from the sheet window to the modeule leaving the Sub statement
and End Sub statement. the add a call stement from the sheet macro to the
module macro

sheet window
Sub commandbutton_click()
call Commoncode()
end sub

module window
Sub Commoncode()
'insert the code that was originally in the sheet window
end sub

"Roger Withnell" wrote:

I have built a macro in VB for a particular spreadsheet, opening VB from
within Excel. The macro is in the Forms folder and double clicking the
button (that starts the macro) on the form opens the code window.

I can now run the macro successfully within the VB window, using the Run
Sub/Userform button. How do I initiate this macro from the spreadsheet
ToolsMacroMacros window? It is not listed there currently.

I would like to email this macro to my partner to use. Does it have to be
emailed with the spreadsheet in which it was built? I would rather it were
possible to run it with any designated spreadsheet.

Thanking you in anticipation.