Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] brianatee@hotmail.com is offline

Default ie Command to Wait for "File Download" and "Save As" windows

JP,

Thanks for the response. I have tried using readystate commands with
only patchy success and haven't been able to get them to to the trick
in this case. I am wondering if there is another way to make the macro
wait for the window to appear. Some sort of ActiveWindow command or
something to tell the macro to click "Save" in the donwload prompt and
the Save As window???

Any other ideas?

On Jan 8, 11:21 am, JP wrote:
You want to check the "readystate" of the IE window, here is an
example.

Dim appIE As InternetExplorer
Dim sURL As String

sURL = "http://www.mapquest.com/"

Set appIE = New InternetExplorer
appIE.navigate sURL

Do Until appIE.readyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE
Loop

HTH,
JP

On Jan 8, 2:15 pm, wrote:

I am importing some web data into excel. The website is .aspx so a
direct URL is not an option. Does anyone know of a command to make ie
wait until the File Download window and subsequently the Save As
window load before executing SendKeys?