Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Select Object Button

I read the "toggle on and off" part of your question as asking to make the
button visible or invisible. I see Peter T read your question differently.
You might have to clarify for us exactly what you are looking for.

Rick

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
I think this will work (I don't have XL2000, but it works in my copy of
XL2003)...

Sub ToggleSelectObject()
Dim ctl As Object
For Each ctl In CommandBars("Drawing").Controls
If ctl.ID = 182 Then
ctl.Visible = Not ctl.Visible
End If
Next ctl
End Sub

Rick

"pan65" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2000. Near the bottom left corner is the Select Object
button with the arrow cursor icon. Can this button be toggled on and off
using VBA code? If so, how? Thanks.