Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Making a [semi] Dictator Application: Hiding Main Command Bar?

Try

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"dim" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have included a variety of elements in my auto-open macro to hide
shortcut
bars and such, and I just added in Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar =
False....anyway...I want to also hide the main command bar that has the
File,
Edit, View, Insert, Format, Tools etc drop down menus at the top of my
Excel
program window. I dont need to replace these with my own, so I don't need
know how to do that right now....just the VBA code to hide it. How do I
hide
it?

Thanks.