Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
badazizi badazizi is offline

Default loading another application from excel vba

I want to be able to launch another vba-enabled application from an Excel
command button. I have the code and references to do this already. However,
I need to figure out how I can programmatically check to see if the computer
has the application installed before I try to dim an object for the
application. I need to do this because the Excel file would be used by
people that don't have the application as well as those that do. I want to
give the users that don't a meaningful error if they don't have it. How
would I go about doing that?