Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default working with images

You can compress a picture by right click and the select format picture. On
the picture tab there is a compress button.

"xavi garriga" wrote:

I'm sorry Joel, I've inserted the same image (.gif) following the two ways
and this is the result:

a)Insert/picture/from file and the memory used is 31 KB
b) Inserting a picture with VB tool bar. Memory used: 121KB

I it posible to modify properties following the first way?

Thanks to all!
--
atrep

"Joel" wrote:

Pictures have a visible property that can hide or unhide images. Hiding an
imagge will not change the amount of memory it uses. You may want to reduce
the image resolution to reduce the amount of memory it uses.

what I do to reduce the imagge size iis to email the file to myself. It you
go to the Window explorer and right click the image. Then select SEND TO
and sleect Mail resipient a popup will appear that asks if you want to make
the image smaller. click Yes. This reduces most images to 50K to 70K.

"xavi garriga" wrote:

I have a problem with programming images.

I'm creating a file where I have to add about 50 images. These images must
be visible or not depending on some criteria. I would like to know if its
possible to write a code that could make hide or unhide images inserted via:
insert/pictures/from file.

I know I could work with pictures inserted via visual basic tool bar, but
the problem is the memory it needs.

Can you help me, please?

Thanks to all!
Sorry for my poor English...