Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Checking worksheet names

Here is some code to extract the sheet number years

Dim FirstYear As Long
Dim LastYear As Long
Dim sh As Worksheet

For Each sh In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

If Left(sh.Name, 6) = "Sales " Then

If FirstYear = 0 Or Val(Right$(sh.Name, 4)) < FirstYear Then

FirstYear = Val(Right$(sh.Name, 4))
End If
If LastYear = 0 Or Val(Right$(sh.Name, 4)) LastYear Then

LastYear = Val(Right$(sh.Name, 4))
Next sh

--
---
HTH

Bob

"C Brehm" wrote in message
Have the folowing code hat works, but sheet name may not exsit.
All worksheets with data start with "Sales " and end in a year
i.e. "Sales 2005"
Need to get first year of worksheets and last year and make the years
between first year and last year only valid for years that exsit in
workbook.
How would I check for worksheet names and get Firstyear and Lastyear?

Do
SYear = CLng(Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Enter a year between
2005 and 2050", Default:=Year(Date), Type:=1))
' get start year for report
If SYear = 0 Then
Exit Sub 'give the user a way out??
Else