Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sean_mufc[_2_] sean_mufc[_2_] is offline

Default Problems adjusting column width

We're actually dealing with several ranges. The problem is AutoFit() does
re-size width but its over twice as wide as needed. I'm really looking for
another way to resize (not .ShrinkToFit = true as this doesnt work either).
I've tried resizing using ranges and using either worksheet instances but
they dont work either

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If we are interested in a given column, say column D:

Columns("D:D").EntireColumn.AutoFit

If we are interested in more than one column, then just loop.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200763

"sean_mufc" wrote:

Hello all,

Just a quick question does anyone know of a way to programmatically adjust
the column with to ensure that the text within a cell is entirely visible.

I have tried

xlSheet.Columns.ShrinkToFit = true;

but this doesnt seem to work.
I have also tried doing it column by column using a range and a foreach loop
but this has the same result.

foreach (string str in arrCols)
{
xlRange1 = xlSheet.get_Range(str + 1, str + 73);
xlRange1.Columns.ShrinkToFit = true;
}

Ive also tried AutoFit() but again not what I need. This just widens all the
col widths to a standard area thats too large for what I need. I just need
the col width to be wide enough to show all the text and thats it, nothing
longer

Any suggestions??

Cheers,
Sean