Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Exclude gray figures from sum

On Jan 5, 7:57 pm, Gustaf wrote:
Using Excel 2003. In my budget, I use to mark not-yet-payed costs in
gray color. I use the gray color "Gray -40 %" from Font Color on the
toolbar. I'm trying to make a method that will sum up the costs,
excluding the gray ones. Here's my try:

' Get current column
iColumn = Application.ActiveCell.Column

' Loop through range
For Each c In Range(Cells(22, iColumn), Cells(30, iColumn))
If ... < ... Then
nSum = nSum + c.Value
End If
Next c

' Print sum
Cells(31, iColumn) = nSum

The problem is that I don't know what to write after If. What property
identifies the font color, and how do I identify the exact gray color
from Font Color on the toolbar?

Gustaf

If c.Font.ColorIndex<48 Then

When I'm not too sure about a particular property or method I
sometimes just record a macro then check out the recorded code. After
changing the font color of the selected cell to 40% gray this code was
recorded..

With Selection.Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Regular"