Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] davelchgo@gmail.com is offline

Default Copy cell to empty cells below.

Hello folks.
My spreadsheet has 22000 rows. The data import was from an html
report from another app.
Column A is as shown, column B has data in cells 1 through 9. So
column B is no problem. When I apply a autofilter on the sheet column
A most of the time shows blanks. I need to fill in the blanks with
the preceeding nonblank. If it is nonblank it should skip to the next
line and try again. I'm familiar with if then else and for next
loops but not the MS Excel way of doing things. Syntax errors
galore. My other problem is that Im not sure where to put this
formula / script.

I want this:

1 blah
2