Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Disable auto-update

Depends on what version of excel you're using.

I think that this was added in xl2002, but you can test it pretty simply:

worksheets("sheet1").EnableCalculation = false

From the immediate window in the VBE.

Jamal wrote:

I have a workbook consisting of many sheets. One sheet contains complex
formulas linked to data in other sheets, which takes a while to recalculate
everytime I enter data in another sheet. This slows down the typing to snail
speed. Is there a way to prevent auto update on this particular sheet? I need
formulas in other sheets to update automatically. Could this be done by a
maco? Any help greatly appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson