Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] itsthedude@gmail.com is offline

Default On Error GoTo .... error

On Jan 3, 11:31 pm, Darren Hill wrote:
UYou have an On Error Resume Next at the start of your code. Should that
be there? It tells excel to ignore errors.

Darren,

I tried different variations of the On Error - the other being On
Error GoTo Beginning. My thinking with the Resume Next was that if
the file is already open, it would be the ActiveWorkbook. The error
would be skipped and the If statement following the On Error would
catch it and send it back to the beginning (because the On Error GoTo
Beginning wasn't working). On second thought, though, it seems that
checking it against all open workbooks would be the most robust
method. That link you provided should work nicely for that.

As a side note, after playing with it a bit more i'm still at a loss
as to why the error checking isn't working. Again - any ideas would
be welcomed.... anybody?

Regards,
Thedude