Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Garry Douglas[_2_] Garry Douglas[_2_] is offline

Default Ping via VBA

"Helmut Weber" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I think, the OP will know by now about numbers and strings
and about how to build the command string for the shell.
Anyway, here is one more elaborate example.
Not the shortest or best way to do it, for sure,
it is just to make it all clear.

I may have known about numbers and strings once upon a time but it's been
over a year since I wrote any code and my brain has atrophied in the
meantime! I couldn't even remember how to open the Immediate window this
morning.

Like every other muscle, you've got to use it or lose it.

Thanks for the suggestions and the code. I will post back here when I find
the version that works best for me.

Garry