Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ken Johnson Ken Johnson is offline

Default Lookup variabel field in variabel sheet

On Jan 3, 9:39 pm, Robert wrote:
Hello,

First I would like to wish you all the best for 2008!

I am struggling with the following: I have a worksheet with over 20
difference trial balances, to make life easier I am making a summary
sheet that shows me only the data I am looking for. As the position of
the individual trial balances and their format tends to change through
time I have to capture this in my formulas. Could someone advice which
formula to use for:

A B
1 HKVH DIVIDENDS RECEIVABLE --RESULT--

I am now using =INDIRECT(A1&"!J24") which works fine as long as the
value for 'DIVIDENDS RECEIVABLE' is always in J24.

Any suggestion is most appreciated.

Many thanks

Rgds,
Robert

What changes, the column, the row or both?

Ken Johnson