Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Looping through Looping through is offline

Default Loop or If then Question.

Wow, that worked great. Thank you. Would there be a way to make this code run
automatically and specifically for the row the user is currently on based on
criteria inputed in to the first two cell of that row. (I.E. Lets say I was
entering info into row 200; once A200 has a date entered and B200 has the
quote number assigned and C200 has the rep name, run the code to insert the
formula and return the value needed?)

If not this works fine and I can use it as is.
Thanks
Peter

"XP" wrote:

One way:

Dim rCell As Range
For Each rCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns(3).Rows
If rCell.FormulaR1C1 < "" Then
rCell.Offset(0, 1).Value = Evaluate("=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C" & rCell.Row
& ",RepInfo,4,False))," & """" & """" & ",VLOOKUP(C" & rCell.Row &
",RepInfo,4,False))")
End If
Next rCell

Watch for line wrapping in the reader!

HTH

"Looping through" wrote:

Is there a way to loop thru a list of names and to assign a specific value to
them.

In C20:C1022 is my current list of names and we add to this list everyday. I
want to add a Vlookup formula to the adjasent cell in column D if and only if
a name is present in column C. (=VLOOKUP(R[0]C[-1],RepInfo,4)

Now the twist, after the cell has been assigned a value by the macro, I want
to eliminate the formula and leave the value. Once this is done I want to
move to the next cell and repeat.

The workbook I am doing this in can not have formula inbedded in it because
it is prone to manipulation by other users where one inserted cell the wrong
way will throw all formulas off and the tracking information will not be
accurate.

Any suggestions,
thanks
Peter