Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] HammerJoe@gmail.com is offline

Default Problem with Public Variable value being changed.

Hi,

I am hoping someone will be able to explain and offer a fix for this
problem I have with a worksheet I am working on.

On the module 1 I declared a public variable RowCount as long.
This variable is assigned in the Open function to find the last row of
data.
I then use it in Sheets1 to add/make changes to values on the
specified RowCount Range.

My problem is that somehwere Rowcount value changes somehow.
I have msgbox's everywhere the Rowcount is modified to keep track of
it and I cant find a reason why it changes.

The only thing I can think of is that I have another worksheet opened
that also has VB code and it might mess up with it, but I dont have
any variable called RowCount.

So I need to fix this. How can I protect the Rowcount so it only
changes where it is supposed to (in this case in the module 1 only)
and that it can be used anywhere in that worksheet only (right now it
only have one sheet called "tracker")

Thanks for the help.