Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Split ActiveCell.Value and delete element if.........

Is the Len(Dir(x(i))) 100% reliable? I don't want to delete something
that I should not.

Sorry, I forgot to address that in my comments. The only way your
statement...

CBool(Len(Dir(x(i)))) = False

can evaluate to True is if the length of Dir(x(i)) is zero; hence, there is
no need to cast the 0 to a Boolean just to see if it is False.

As for the text files showing extensions like ".docx" I was thinking of
making the ColorIndex of "x" 2, if there is not a better way to not
mislead
he user. How can I accomplish it?

To be quite honest, I didn't really follow what the problem was with the
..doc/.docx (all I did was modify your existing code), so I'm not sure how to
answer you on this. Perhaps if you post some additional details, it might
become clearer to me (unless, of course, someone jumps in and gives you an
answer first).

Rick