Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LuisE LuisE is offline

Default Split ActiveCell.Value and delete element if.........

The active cell holds file(s) path(s) separated by ";".
I'm splitting the content of the cell, if it is not a valid file name I'd
like to delete that element. Is the deletion part doable? THANKS IN ADVANCE

When I use GetOpenFilename the extension of .doc files become .docx.
I'm removing the "x" to avoid confusing the user but when I run
CBool(Len(Dir(FileName) it returns FALSE obviously because a character is
missing. Any suggestions???

This is what I have.

Dim x As Variant
Dim i As Long
x = Split(ActiveCell, ";")

For i = 0 To UBound(x)
If CBool(Len(Dir(x(i)))) = False Then
MsgBox x(i) & "isn't a valid file" 'I WANT TO DELETE INSTEAD OF
MsgBox
End If
Next i