Ragdyer

Why not post the actual links that you're using?

Might these links be formulas linked to data in the other WB?
Some functions *don't* work with closed WBs.
Add to that, some volatile functions will calculate all the time, not even
giving you a chance to retain the old values from when the WB was last
opened.

RD

"David" wrote in message
In XL2K I have a range of cells linked to a password protected workbook
I did it using Paste Special Paste Link with both files open
I close and save both files
I open the file with the links
I'm prompted for the password for the password protected book
TWO of the cells display #NA and it's the same two every time
If I actually open the password protected file, all is well

What would explain the fact that all other links update properly without
opening the protected book except these two?

--
David