AndreaW

I put the hours into another cell and added them as suggested. After that, I
format the cell to time, hh:mm:ss, Still, both date and time show up in the
formula bar. I want to eliminate the date in the forumla bar

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Are you using the TIME function to add hours like if A2 holds the original
time

=A2+TIME(4,0,0)

You can instead put the hours you are adding in another cell (for example
B2) and then use

=A2+(B2/24)

or hard coded

=A2+(4/24)

format as time, copy and paste special

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"AndreaW" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2003.

I added 4 hours to time which works perfectly. When I want to get rid of
the formula, I use Copy--Paste Special--Values. The time displays
correctly in the cell but in the formula bar it shows 01/01/1900 along
with
the time. When I format the cell as again to time hh:mm:ss, nothing
changes
as I still see the date in the formula bar.

How do I stop this without have to go into each cell individually and
delete
the date out?

Too crazy for me, what gives?