Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Delete rows containing same value in two columns

As George pointed out, you can use advanced filter to create a
list of unique items.
If you want the list created on a separate sheet then Debra Dalgleish
shows how here... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

If your columns are discontinuous then it becomes a little more complicated.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Scott"
wrote in message
Hello-
I have a spreadsheet that has 25-50 thousand rows. Columns D & E often
contain the same value, and I only want to keep the first instance
where the values are the same. I had code that would filter, but on
certain files my code will error out when trying to select only
visible cells to copy to another sheet. I later found out that it is
due to a limitation that there can only be 8100 or something non-
adjacent cells in the entire range. I figured that if I just deleted
the extra rows instead of filtering them, I could get around this.

A B C D E
115 115
115 115 Delete this row
116 116