Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LuisE LuisE is offline

Default Change Event duplicating action

After all it worked better than the other approach because I had references
to other objects. Thank you

"Darren Hill" wrote:

Does this work:

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
if TextBox1.Value = "" then exit sub

If Range(TextBox1.Value).Columns.Count 5 Or
Range(TextBox1.Value).Rows.Count 5 Then

MsgBox "Limit of 5 columns and rows"
TextBox1.Value = ""

Else
Call AnotherMacro

LuisE wrote:
I have a textbox that is getting a range address.
If the total of columns or row is higher than 5 I want to show an MsgBox and
clear its contents. It works fine but when the value becomes "" the change
event is obviously triggered but in this case since tha value is nothing it
still validates the number of columns/ros as higher than 5 and prompts the
message again

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()

If Range(TextBox1.Value).Columns.Count 5 Or
Range(TextBox1.Value).Rows.Count 5 Then

MsgBox "Limit of 5 columns and rows"
TextBox1.Value = ""

Else
Call AnotherMacro

I tried the afterupdate event but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.