Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bert[_2_] Bert[_2_] is offline

Default change color of command button problem

Bob:
That seemed to do the trick. Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Bert,

I couldn't get the red at all, but I got this to work

Public Sub BadChoice()

With Worksheets(2).OLEObjects

.Item(FirstBtnNo).Object.BackColor = red
.Item(BtnNo).Object.BackColor = red
Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 5), "ResetChoice"
End With
End Sub

Public Sub ResetChoice()
With Worksheets(2).OLEObjects

.Item(BtnNo).Object.BackColor = gray
.Item(FirstBtnNo).Object.BackColor = gray
End With

HTH

Bob

addy)

"Bert" wrote in message
Earlier I posted a message about this, but thought the problem had to do
with a timer loop. When the suggestions for fixes didn't help, I (after
about 3 hours of changing things around) discovered the following.
First the code: (The button just clicked and previous button clicked are
supposed to turn red, then after two seconds turn gray. The problem is
only the previously clicked button turns red. )
Public Sub BadChoice()
Worksheets(2).OLEObjects.Item(FirstBtnNo).Object.B ackColor = Red
Worksheets(2).OLEObjects.Item(BtnNo).Object.BackCo lor = Red
Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 2)
Worksheets(2).OLEObjects.Item(BtnNo).Object.BackCo lor = Gray
Worksheets(2).OLEObjects.Item(FirstBtnNo).Object.B ackColor = Gray
End Sub
Now the "rest of the story": This procedure may get called depending on
the user clicking correctly on "Yes" or "No" in either a UserForm or a
Msgbox. (I've tried both userform and msgbox--and both create the
problem.) IF I leave the Userform or Msgbox where it first appears on
the screen, then everything works fine, BUT if I move either the Msgbox
or UserForm, the "no-red" problem happens. (I'm moving it because I'd
like to have the Userform or Msgbox appear at a specific location over
the spreadsheet.)
Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it?
Thanks.
Bert