Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default rotate highlighting colors macro

A couple of ideas to play with. Right click sheet tabview codeinsert
allplay.

Public num'top line of sheet module
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = num
num = num + 1
End Sub

'Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
''num = 1
'Select Case num
'Case 1: x = 10
'Case 2: x = 4
'Case 3: x = 6
'Case Else
'End Select
'Target.Interior.ColorIndex = x
'num = num + 1
'End Sub

Sub startover()
num = 1

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
I need to create a macro that when pressed will cycle through a number
of highlighting colors.

So for example when I press the shortcut the first time it will change
to yellow, a second time change to red, a third time to grey etc. etc.
etc.

I'm sure this is relatively basic, but I really need the help. Thanks
so much!