Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Excel VBA Evaluation of FormatConditions(1).Formula1

I am not experiencing that. If I create a CF with a named formula, and the
condition is met, that code finds it just fine for me.

--
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
Mr. Bob Phillips,

Thank you for clarification of my query.

1. It appears that should FC.Formula1contain a Named Formula, the
following code would not accomodate the situation.

For Each cell In ActiveSheet.Range("B6:N145")

For i = 1 To cell.FormatConditions.Count

Set FC = cell.FormatConditions(i)

With Application
sF1 = .Substitute(FC.Formula1, "ROW()", cell.Row)
sF1 = .Substitute(sF1, "COLUMN()", cell.Column)
sF1 = .ConvertFormula(sF1, xlA1, xlR1C1)
sF1 = .ConvertFormula(sF1, xlR1C1, xlA1, , cell)
End With

If Evaluate(sF1) Then

MsgBox cell.Address & " - FormatConditions(" & i & ") =
True"
End If
Next i
Next cell

2. Please share your experience. Regards.