Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
carlo carlo is offline

Default combobox data doesn't take affect right away

You're welcome

if you have any other question, just ask.
It takes a while until you get you're head around stuff like that.
There are some good tutorials on the web, that you might want to check
out.

Cheers Carlo

On Dec 21, 3:28*pm, Charlie wrote:
Ah, Great! *I'm beginning to understand where all this different code goes!
thanks.

"carlo" wrote:
Sorry didn't make myself clear.

In the vb-editor, double click on your combobox, that should open the
code of your userform, and following lines should be displayed now:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

End Sub

Although ComboBox1 could be slightly different depending on the name
you gave your ComboBox.

between those lines you can now enter this:
* * Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value

Don't forget to adjust the names of the sheet and the range and the
combobox1 otherwise it won't work.

hope that was a little clearer

Carlo

On Dec 21, 2:30 pm, Charlie wrote:
Do I just put this private sub on a seperate module? *Do I call this sub from
the form or the combobox1 to make it work? *Or do I replace the control
source of this combobox with something? *
Thanks.

"carlo" wrote:
You can use the combobox change event:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
* * Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a10") = Me.ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

hth

Carlo

On Dec 21, 1:57 pm, Charlie wrote:
On a userform, a combobox with choices 1 through 10. *I have the control
source set to sheet1!A10, but in the field A10, nothing happens until I leave
the focus from the combobox. *So I have to click on some other control, or
close the form. *I need my chooice from the combobox to take affect
immiedately, because it affects others controls on the form. *Can this be
done?- Hide quoted text -