Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Counta with CountIf

=SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A200,{"John","Wanda"}))

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
I have looked at other posting and haven't seem to have found a
similar one or haven't understood explanations.

Here goes.

Column A could have either a value of John or Wanda without 200 rows

Over in Column J there will be an "x" (on the same row of the name) if
column A has a value of John or Wanda.

Visual Aid:

Col A Col J
John x
Wanda x
John x
John x
Wanda x

Totals would be John 3 Wanda 2

Objective is to get a total of John's "x" 's AND a total of Wanda's
"x" 's.

Totals will then be captured on another worksheet using a formuala
pointing to their respective totals.

Sounds so easy, but not yet there.

Please help!
Thanks in advance.